A History of Leadership
Founded in 1915 by Martin Fisher. With a family background in construction, younger brothers Larry and Zachary Fisher soon join the firm.
1920s through Early 1950s. The firm focuses on residential properties in Queens, Long Island, Riverdale, Mount Vernon and Washington Heights. Development of major Florida hotels, including the Sherry Frontenac, leads to the firm's first foray into Manhattan.
Mid-1950s through Early 1980s. Fisher Brothers begins building commercial properties. Starting with 400 Park Avenue, midtown tower construction and ownership grows to exceed eight million square feet, including such prominent corporate properties as 605 Third Avenue, 1345 Avenue of the Americas, 299 Park Avenue and Park Avenue Plaza.
New Strategies for the Mid-1970s. Fisher Brothers rewrites its business plan to focus on the development and management of commercial real estate investments, while diversifying its investment portfolio into non-real estate sectors.
Mid-1980s through Early 1990s. M. Anthony Fisher and Richard Fisher oversee extensive diversification, capitalizing on the firm's capabilities in building, leasing, management, and finance. The partnership forms Plaza Construction in 1986 as a full-service construction arm and Sandhurst Associates in 1992 as a provider of on-site management services.
Mid-1990s and Beyond. The firm sharpens its focus on investing, co-founding FdG Associates and City Investment Fund, both private equity investment funds, and Fisher Brothers Strategic Partners, a fully integrated third-party operating platform. New projects include Station Place, Washington DC's largest private office complex, and Chartwell House, a condominium residence on Manhattan's Upper East Side.